Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Overcome By Romance?

This is the three Hanson sisters and husbands, including myself. It is in Bella's, an Italian restaurant in Alexandria, Minnesota, which has been voted "Minnesota's most romantic restaurant". 'Romantic' is very subjective, but taking no chances, we all sat with our partners in case we were overcome by romance. Romantic? Well, we were serenaded with Volare by the waitress Frankie, an older woman who learned the song as a child Italy. I did not find it particularily romantic, but the food was maybe the best Italian meal I have ever eaten and Frankie sang a capella on key. Can't ask for more than that.


2 comments:

BullishOnRhubarb said...

Come on, Gunnar, you can be a little bit of a foodie and describe the meal course by course. Inquiring minds want to know.

Gunnar Berg said...

Dear inquirying,
I had a wild mushroom ravioli with onions and very spicy sausage. And a pricy Napa Cabernet. Right now Lorna is telling me what she had, but I'm ignoring her.