Who are we? We are our stories.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Boulders and Birds

First, the boulders. 25 or 30 years I took it upon myself to rebuild a rock retaining wall on the slope down to the garden. Over time I put a bench guarded by a pair of huge Hosta in front of the wall and the wall disappeared. So here is a shot before the Hostas bury it.

A jigsaw puzzle with very heavy pieces.

Now today's birds. First the Ruby-crowned Kinglets. I never did get a Golden-crowned or a Ruby-crowned showing the red crown feathers.


Then a couple of local birds. House Finches and Cardinals.




And White-throated Sparrows. Nice birds.



And finally today's Warblers. Orange-crowned Warbler, Tennessee, and Yellow-rumped.






There was also a Palm Warbler and a Nashville, but my photos were quite poor. -Gunnar

No comments: