Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, May 14, 2018

May 14th - Morning Birds

There was also had a Scarlet Tanager in the white flowering crab. No photos, but it was a marvelous sight to behold. It was a cool morning, the light was off and on ... then it started to sprinkle. Because I am a confirmed wuss I came in to warm my hands around a heavy Buffalo China cup of hot coffee. I really like the last Swainson's covered with tiny water droplets. The Magnolia is technically okay too, though the pose is a little stiff. I tend to prefer photos where the bird looks as if it was interrupted on a mission and is a little embarrassed that it was caught. 

Northen Parula


Magnolia Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler


Yellow Warbler

Swainson's Thrush


There are other species working the tiny insects in the high oak catkins that will need to come down for a drink and bath later, and I am not satisfied with the Parula and Chestnut-sided pics. Maybe more photographs if the light gets better later in the day. Be well - Gunnar

No comments: