Who are we? We are our stories.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Butterflies, Birds and Beer

(The three Bs)

The weather seemed to come and go, so after lunch we did too - to the World Birding Center on South Padre. We parked next to a patch of Blue Mistflower which was covered with butterflies, primarily Queens, Monarchs and Fiery Skippers. I was there for birds, not bugs, so I ignored most them, took pictures of a couple of Buckeyes and a Phaon Crescent before hitting the boardwalk over the wetlands.

Northern Waterthrush
Snowy Egret
Reddish Egret White Morph
Cooper's Hawk
I keep promising myself I will not take or post any more pictures of Roseate Spoonbills, but their colors keep getting more intense and they keep raising their wings to say, "LOOK AT ME!"


Then we went to Padre Brewing Happy hour for $3 beer and a second lunch. A "little lunch" as my grandparents would say. They were world class lunchers.


-Gunnar

5 comments:

Nancy Wolf said...

Great photos (as usual)! I especially loved the Snowy Egret with the water splashes.

Justine Valinotti said...

Oh, I just love those photos!

Gunnar Berg said...

Thank you both.

Elaine Toft (BloggerToots) said...

It's been far, far too long since peering into your honor-bound photos ~ beautiful!!

Redwing said...

No more Spoonbills!!! Just kidding.