Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Random South Padre Birds

Here are a few more pictures from yesterday at the South Padre Convention Center. It was a good day, not incredible numbers, but enough variety.

The only downer was somehow I lost a very well broken-in South Padre Brewing baseball cap - after five years it was just getting good. I do have a new one, but my head had kinda grown into that old one. I drowned my sorrows with a mug and a flight (and shrimp salad) at South Padre Brewing joined by Lorna, Mike and Nancy, their sweet daughter Abby, and brewmeister Mark Hagemiller.   

Prothonotary Warbler

Summer Tanager

Green Anole

Yellow-throated Warbler


Hooded Oriole (F.)

Hooded Warbler

Prothonotary Warbler

Gray Catbird

Mark has been making beer on South Padre since 1995. There are a number of newspaper clippings and brewing awards on the wall. Yesterday I noticed that one of them was the 2016 Texas Governor's Small Business of the Year Award. My first thought was ... how many mugs of free craft beer did that one cost?  ;-)

- Gunnar

1 comment:

mike w. said...

Wonderful pics! Thank you. i'm rather fond of catbirds, especially their twittering, meandering singing.