Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Skimmer and Turkey

Black Skimmer skimming deep.


A couple of days ago we were after the Dusky-capped Flycatcher and/or the Rose-throated Becard at Resaca de la Palma. The Dusky-capped would have been a life bird. I do not keep a formal number life list, but I damned straight know which birds I have seen over the years. We don't need no stinkin' lists.

Some folks in our group saw or heard both of them. With my funky eyesight I saw small feathered shapes flitting above a veil of twiggy leaves and branches. I was told by the better sighted folks what they were, but it will not go on my memory life list which requires recognition not birdie hear say.

So I came up gobblers. 


Then six of us went to Super Cream in Brownsville, where we ate off each other's plates. It is maybe my favorite Mexican (not Tex-Mex) restaurant in The Valley. I have no explanation for the name. Nor the bright red modern industrial furnishings.

- G.

No comments: