Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Ron Cooper Mixte

My next project is a bicycle that I am actually going to ride, a 58cm mixte. When I bought the bike it was green with flaking Ron Cooper decals which I scratched off with my Capital One credit card.

The baskets are a custom set leftover from when I was brokering baskets made by the Hershberger family to Velo Orange. The frame paint color picks up the color of the straps and the walnut center strip of the wood fenders which were made by Cody Davis of Woody's Fenders.
Jeff Bock added pump brackets under the diagonals and threaded fittings to accept a bottle cage. Just to neatened it up a little.














Right now it is hanging in Bock's shop waiting for the paint to harden a little more before I build it up. - Gunnar

3 comments:

OwenW said...

Large mixtes are quite rare, and a Ron Cooper 531 built mixte is quite special. The new paint job is lovely. I'm sure it's gonna be a beauty when it's built up. Congrats!!!

Gunnar Berg said...

Thank you.

The frame size is a bit deceptive because the wheels are 700C so it looks in scale.

OwenW said...

Only because I'm curious: What is the (virtual) top tube measurement? There's a recent discussion on the CR list about how the average mixte has quite a long TT. I think it becomes less an issue with larger frames, 'tho.