Strix the harbinger
guards the exit gate, quizzing all
Who will pass this night?

Monday, December 23, 2013

Cool Beer Cooler

The beer refrigerator under the bench in the Growlery was a black plastic box that sucked energy out of the tiny space. I tried painting it Growlery Gray (I had the paint). It helped a little, but I still sensed an energy drain. I thought maybe sticking a bicycle poster on the box would help, one of those beautiful Mucha Art Nouveau advertising posters. I was scrolling through a couple of hundred Mucha reproductions on ebay when I caught an aberration, a Mucha print with a completely different feel. It was entitled 1908 Dakota Warrior. Now Alphonse Mucha was a Czech and I doubt he had ever seen a Dakota Warrior. It didn't look like any Native American I have ever seen, but it seemed respectful and I kinda like the colors. It was a Dakota, which has a family connection, and it was cheap. (And I had the orange paint.)  I'm feeling quite an energy net gain from this one. I may have to install an energy dampener.



No comments: