Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, January 29, 2018

Owl In the Wind

It is a positively gorgeous day - though a little windy. Actually it is quite windy, which honestly is pretty typical for The Valley. We spent the morning at Estero Llano wandering around talking to friends and watching the hummingbird banding. There are half a dozen species here. I think they only caught Buff-bellied or Black-chinned. Whatever, they caught three - actually only two because one not so bright Black-chinned did not get enough stress the first time and came back for more.

Here is a sleepy Great-horned Owl we saw half-napping in a high palm. 




That's all I got, except an Abbey Dubbel for later. (If you do not know what that is, we do not have anything else to discuss. ;-)  - Gunnar

4 comments:

George A said...

Nice owl. I'll stick with IPAs.

Gunnar Berg said...

Also picked up Lagunitas IPA.

George A said...

That's a new one on me. I'll have to look for it at my local bottle shop. Thanks for the tip.

Gunnar Berg said...

Now owned by Heinekin. But the beer is still acceptabke.