Who are we? We are our stories.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

A Growlery Weed

This weed popped up between the bricks and rocks outside the Growley door. About a foot tall, it is a Trillium Grandiflorum - Large-flowered Trillium. The flowers will slowly turn a rosy tint as they wilt.












"Popped up"? It has been with me for twenty years. It started our as a single stem with no flower and has thrived and divided over the years. This is its third location in three years.  I moved it where I would walk by and enjoy it every day. Gawd only knows how big it would be if I didn't rip it out and move it every time it settled in.



Now that I think about it, I believe I moved it from the other house - which would be over 30 years ago.  I guess I should leave it to grow in peace for the rest of my duration - quit digging around and poking at it all the time.

-Gunnar

1 comment:

voyageoftheeye said...

Love trilliums but they cost a fortune here in UK.