Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Leftover Photos

I imagine we will have a few late strays but the migration, such that it was, is over. I was hopeful that that last part of Grosbeaks would hang around. They seem to be gone, but yesterday there were still a pair of Redstarts. I know both nest locally and we DO live in a woods. And yesterday there were still a couple of Orioles in the jelly, but I have not seen them this morning. 

Another oddity, this Spring I did not see a single Vireo of any species. In the past we have seen four or possibly five species and have had the Red-eyed Vireos all summer, though they live in the high trees and we rarely if ever see them.

Here are more leftover photos I keep finding as I relive the season. Next, I will load them up to Flickr and to a backup hard-drive for when my computer crashes. (They all crash.) I often wonder why I save them at all. The real joy is seeing the photos that evening or sharing them the next day. 






There are few things older than last year's bird photos. Unless it is flower photos.  - G.

No comments: