Who are we? We are our stories.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

Young lovers and old couples tend to be the 'hand holders'. The couples in the great in-between are either too hurried, not truly in love anymore, or maybe embarrassed to show their feelings in public. As couples age together the love becomes quieter and deeper. And they aren't afraid to show their love. Lorna has started holding my hand more as we walk up the street. Then it dawned on me - with age her circulation has suffered a little and her hands are always cold.

3 comments:

Oldfool said...

So warm them and don't think so much about it. I know about these things.

Gunnar Berg said...

They are a real surprise under the covers at night.

Anonymous said...

Cold hands....Warm heart..or so my Grandma Geness used to tell me.

Best,

Rick M.