Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Man of Vision: Growlery 2014

I realize nobody cares about the Growlery except me...and Christy from next door. He comes over a couple of times a week to help me sit, pontificate and smoke cigars. Often he looks around and mumbles things like, "This place is just (bleeping) marvelous." He should know; he once owned it. I ended up with the building because Christy and Judy were adding an addition on their house and the storage shed was in the way. It wasn't much. It had a dirt floor, rotten windows and cobbled together shelving. One of his carpenters likened to something that looked like a kid's treehouse. He obviously was not a man of vision.

The first year I worked on squaring it up, pulling in the splayed corners and getting it onto a foundation and putting a floor in. The picture below is year two - insulation and electricity (dropcord through the window). 







The pictures below are as of today. I have enough recycled cedar to side the exterior and I really would like a small garden storage shed off the lake side and a cupola with a wind vane, etc, etc.  I would estimate I'm only about half done with the project.





Be well, enjoy the ride, G.

4 comments:

Mimbres Man said...

Way cool!

Unknown said...

When can you build one for me in my back yard?

Gunnar Berg said...

Marv, I think you like the concept of "sitting"; it is the actual execution you have difficulties with. ;-)

Masini said...

Your only mistake is in the first line... I am absolutely fascinated with the Growlery, want to construct one of my own someday down the line, and would enjoy nothing but having a sit in there one day to admire what you've done with my old rooster!