Who are we? We are our stories.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kvale Seat Cluster

For those taggers who are secretly intrigued with the bike build, I thought a little background might be in order. This is not my first Kvale, though it will be my last if my wife has the leverage I suspect she has. Even though the paint is pretty good (it has been refinished by Chris once already), I quite likely will have this refinished before I build it up. The present color clashes with the carpet. Chris does a metallic copper with a pearlescent clearcoat that really is quite nice. I think the copper with maybe a dark red headtube and seat tube panel would be okay, particularly with a honey Brooks Pro seat, and maybe dark red shellaced fabric handle wraps. (Aldo?)

Chris is know for building sweet riding bikes and as the photo shows, very nice details - thin filed lugs and graceful curves. "Art" is probably too strong a word, but they are exquisite viewed up close. Note: in the backround are pieces of tubing painted with some of the colors Chris has painted in the past - all Dupont Imron epoxy, a particularily nasty paint to work with, but tough as nails.

No comments: