Who are we? We are our stories.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oatmeal Stout

The genocide of millions of human lives weighs heavy on my mind. I have to move on to something lighter. The best beer I tasted in the past year was an Oatmeal Stout, brewed by the Lake Superior Brewing Company. Unfortunately for me it's only available in Duluth and a handful of pubs up the North Shore of the Lake.




By their description:

Sir Duluth Oatmeal Stout. Our version of the classic English-style Oatmeal Stout, using a variety of dark roasted malts, oatmeal, and our imported ale yeast. The result is a smooth almost-black beer, medium to full-bodied, with chocolate and coffee overtones and a roasty flavor. O.G. 1.056.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go hid in the den and drink the season's last bottle of Schell's Snow Storm.

2 comments:

Chris said...

G-Man,
You can find this at Surdyk's in NE Minneapolis and Zipp's near West Bank.

Gunnar Berg said...

Andy's Liquaor has it too, but it ain't the same from a bottle. At all.