Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Sing-Along

The headlines in the Lanesboro section of the Fillmore County News read:

Dan Chouinard to host the annual Old-Fashioned Holiday Sing-Along at St. Mane Theatre.

It seems this is a regular Lanesboro event and Mr. Chouinard is a repeat host. The name was familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. A quick google search refreshed my memory. He is an occasional guest on Minnesota Public Radio and the Prairie Home Companion, both as a story teller and musician. As the event is on December 21st, we won't be able to make it, as we will be hosting the first wave of our family Christmas. I'm not certain I'm a sing-along guy anyway, but the smalltown feeling of community is hard to resist. I found this particular intriguing quote on his website. http://www.danchouinard.com/
"When not working as a musician he travels the world by bicycle, with tent and accordion in tow, seeking out new repertoire and music making opportunities."

1 comment:

George A said...

Kids bought me a new computer for Xmas. It's speedy enough to watch youtube videos without me cursing. This one is Great! Edith Paif couldn't do it better.