Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Lugged Bicycle Rack?

That's the silliest thing you're ever heard of, right? How about both front and rear lugged racks? Well, behind the scenes, Ol' Gunner and Vincent are plotting beautiful silliness. The rear will be very minimalist, the front a standard René Herse style bag rack with an integrated decaleur. Got no idea what I'm talking about? No matter, it'll make sense when we're done. And of course, eventually they'll be plated in polished nickel to match the stem. Or maybe a combination of paint and polished nickel to make the lug work stand out? Opinions on this ... or Syria ... or the economy ... or bird migration ... or whatever else you are burning to talk about.

09/08/2013, News flash: We took a vote this morning. We decided it was a little "pointy" looking and he's going to cut it down from four points to two per lug. Sometimes art is hard.





9 comments:

Brooks said...

Seems completely unnecessary -- yet really beautiful -- and therefore totally worthwhile! Can't wait to see the final results.

Gunnar Berg said...

Unnecessary? Hell, the racks themselves are unnecessary.

Nice blog. I hope you have more staying power than I did. After the blush of first love fades, things like beer, roses, cigars and smart talk with friends seem more important than arranging rows of words in pleasing patterns. Good luck.

Silk Hope said...

Me thinks the Pinot McLean has a leg up on you.

Gunnar Berg said...

Yeah, maybe. This is going to be a really light rack, not a wine carrier.

Mimbres Man said...

I like it.

Noren said...

ahhhh....tig it.

Gunnar Berg said...

Erik, If I wanted a purely utilitarian rack, you would certainly be on my short list. You do do nice tig work.

Unknown said...

I'm fond of such things as lugged stem...a lugged rack is an exciting idea! I can't weait to see the paint scheme on iot.

Unknown said...

Having trouble with the incredibly stupid sign in procedure on this page. Unsure if I can leace a comment or not.
The idea of a lugged rack is really exciting. I can't wait to see it painted. I love lugged stems.