Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, May 22, 2017

A Good Warbler Day

A sunny day, cool early, then warming up nicely. I took over a hundred photos this afternoon, which required a lot of selecting and deleting this evening. It could be worse, Lorna said she took 800 photos today. Lorna got a couple of species I missed. 800 photos to sort - she is paying a terrible price for it. There is no particular reason why I selected these particular birds to post. I just like them as a nice cross-section of the day - the first good photos of the Redstart this year, Blackburnian? You have to post a Blackburnian photo if you have it. My first look at a Canada Warbler this year. It was a pretty good day, though the Yellow Warblers are around of course, but they have been camera shy so far, and rain is forecast for tomorrow.  Well, maybe next year. 

Tennessee, the most common this year.










Black-throated Green Warbler standing in the top of the waterfall.

Species? Nashville, Tennessee. Couldn't make that one up.




Birds R Us - Gunnar

3 comments:

Redwing said...

I am so happy for you both getting all these wonderful warblers coming through your yard. And I would love to be there enjoying the show. It's been years since I last saw a Canada Warbler - and live in Canada, for Pete's Sakes!

Gunnar Berg said...

A really prefer descriptor names. Even if you have never seen one you would know the name of the Black-throated Green Warbler. The place-name species names are really silly. I suppose it is where they were originally identified in migration. If you wanted to name them by nesting range at least half would be Canada Warblers. And don't get me started on Alexander Wilson.

Gunnar Berg said...

How about the Candy-striped Yellow Warbler? I am still trying to a photo this Spring of that one.