Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, May 4, 2017

More Sparrows

Waiting for Warblers this afternoon; shooting what is front of the camera. I think I have my settings tuned in pretty well, but I can't shoot what isn't there. I did see a nice Yellow-rumped Warbler, but he was not cooperating, just here and gone. So ... White-throated Sparrows and one lovely little Chipping Sparrow, less fickle and it will be staying here. She (or he) is back home in Oakwood to built a neat little nest in the Arborvitaes, lay a clutch or two of pearl sized eggs and raise a whole bunch of nestlings. So small and ubiquitous that I will tend to ignore their comings and goings. 










Patiently yours, G. Berg

4 comments:

jusvelos said...

lovely crisp images..what camera do you use?

thanks,richard

Redwing said...

Those settings seem to be spot on. Great images, Gunnar.

Gunnar Berg said...

Nikon D5500 with a 200-500mm zoom lens. In the birding/camera crowd we tend to run with in the LRGV in winter, both would be considered "entry level" - a $2000 kit, rather than $10,000 like some shoot. Pretty damned good enough I say.

Gunnar Berg said...

Thanks Paul. Taken a while. Not as steady as I would like, but six cups of coffee will do that to a fella.