Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Now I Can Die a Happy Man

I have seen "that bluebird everyone is so excited about" a number of times this month. This morning I finally got some photos of the Blue Bunting, not exactly bird guide poses or anything particularly artful, but I am quite satisfied ........ the other alternative being going completely insane over a bird.


Here is some other pictures I took later this morning before we knocked off and went for lonches at Nana's Taqueria to celebrate.































Still haven't seen that Crimson-collared Grosbeak this year *sigh* - Gunnar 

4 comments:

Carolee Colter said...

I keep telling you... Laguna Atascosa

Gunnar Berg said...

And I keep thinking, is that bird really worth a two hour drive.

Redwing said...

Congrats on a wonderful photo of the Blue Bunting. I think it's one of the best I've seen.

Gunnar Berg said...

I knew about where he would likely show up and I was low on a 3-legged stool with good sight lines. I shot a handful of setting test shots. Of course then the light changed in the hour or so anyway (for the better as it lite up the color). It would have been great if he would have hopped up on the rock or at least exposed himself a little bit more. -he whined.