Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Biggest and Smallest

I used to have Photoshop. Over the years with crashes and new computers somehow I lost it. Now you can't even buy it, only rent it. Jeez. It is really not much of an issue anyway. Mostly I just crop my pictures a little and sometimes pulling a little more detail out of the shadows. 

Lorna has been using a freebie editing program called FastStone and recently I have used it to sharpen some details on shots of really distant birds which I have to crop the hell out of. Time to up my game? Today I played a little more, removing color out of some shots to allow the birds to be appreciated as shape rather than as color. 

 












Thank you for your forebearance, - Gunnar

3 comments:

Redwing said...

Makes me want to try a sepia tone or perhaps a monochromatic version with a single color. Yeah, it sucks that Adobe now forces you to rent their products.

Kurt said...

Maybe you could try Photoshop elements. My Costco version cost about $60. It may be only half as good as the Big Photoshop but it is still plenty good. The new versions have Camera Raw build in, so you can now process raw files.

Gunnar Berg said...

I have considered Elements. I guess I probably would if photography was my primary hobby and I was shooting RAW. For me now photography is really a way to record the day to share and for me to remember it.