Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Group Shots

It is hot (90F) and windy; a day that will just sap your energy. We went out to Santa Ana NWR this morning. The Cattle Egrets were actually out on the park lawn across the street from our apartment. There are usually three of four out there. Not necessarily a "bad" bird, but they are a little bit urban. Originally from Africa they are like Mallards, not really domestic, but not really wild either.

Black-necked Stilts, White Pelicans - mostly juveniles, and Long-billed Dowitchers. Nothing spectacular, although I think the dead tree, Dowitcher shot is an interesting photograph. I considered photoshopping out the cattails in front of the Pelicans - even a faint one in the Dowitchers, but then I thought ... meh. 





I think it may be time for a Belgian style ale in the wind sheltered shade of the front veranda. You all carry on as you see fit - Gunnar

2 comments:

Redwing said...

I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing from your new setup.

Gunnar Berg said...

I think so. I am still going through a learning curve on my settings.