Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Over the Rainbow

I heard this tonight on American Roots. I commented that Jerry Lee really could play, in that effortless unschooled way of his. Lorna said that it sounded like Kathleen playing, which it did. Kathleen was my aunt. She couldn't read a note of music, but Damn she could. play. piano. I got another email in a series tonight from her son Dan. His father Harold has had a series of bad things happen. He's in the hospital again. I don't think he's going to make it. This is for Uncle Harold. He'd recognize the style. And the song. 



Look at Jerry Lee's eye's. Are those not the eyes of a madman?

1 comment:

Masini said...

Try his version of 'That Lucky Old Sun'. Not the Sun Records, but the unreleased version from the Great Balls of Fire soundtrack. If I had to pick one song for my funeral, that's it.