Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, January 25, 2010

Benny Waters (With Ted Unseth)

Benny Waters was 91 years old at the time. Serendipity. While I was looking for him on YouTube, I found him playing in the Americana Classic Jazz Orchestra, a band led by Ted Unseth, someone that I went to high school with here in Albert Lea. I never really knew Ted, he was just a kid a year behind me that could really play. He apparently can play them all, but his real instrument is the orchestra. And my folks thought a baritone horn was expensive. He's made a living all his life writing, transcribing, arranging and playing the music he loves. Isn't that what life is all about? This 20th Anniversary was 17 years ago. Maybe he can still be knocking it out into his 90s too.



2 comments:

Ted Unseth said...

Gunnar,

It's October 2020 and I just found your website. I was surfing the net and bumped into you page re: my ACJO 20th Anniversary Concerts. Your comments and posting of 3 videos from that event are a pleasant surprise and I thank you for this.

That posting was 10 years ago. Are you still 'kicking'/alive? What a question! FYI: I am still kicking and have a 2021 Reverse Swan Song plan. I'd like to tell you about it, but only if you're not dead.

Ted Unseth
Minneapolis, MN
tedeboy@att.net

The above email is the one I use a lot; not the Google...

Ted Unseth said...

Gunnar,

I just posted a comment re: your site, etc. If this is a repeat, OK by me.

I'm Ted Unseth, still alive and planning a special event for 2021. If you are able to respond, great. Your webpage re: Benny Waters, etc. is something I just discovered and I thank you. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Ted Unseth
Minneapolis, MN
tedeboy@att.net

The above email is the one I prefer; not Google...