Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, January 4, 2010

Tropical Minnesota

Picture gleaned from the Minnesota Conservation Volunteer. For Jonny Hamachi, who seems to feel we live in a frigid wasteland. Hit minus (-) 27 the day before yesterday. Frickin balmy. For those who live in the more civilized world, you do realize that this picture was taken half a mile out on a frozen lake don't you? A couple of days ago as we were driving up I-35 to Minneapolis, I passed two trailer/shanties being towed up to "The Lake", that had tongues and retractable wheels. One of the females on board with me commented on how "dumb" they were. To myself I thought they looked pretty neat...and I'm not even an ice fisherman. Ya know, a manly place, a place where a fella could go to scratch and fart, spit and drink beer, without being hassled. (Sigh)

3 comments:

Old Toad said...

And here I thought that 1410 Oakwood was "a manly place, a place where a fella could go to scratch and fart, spit and drink beer, without being hassled" -- at least during the day while a certain person is away at school. Guess you'll have to walk out on the ice, drill a hole, and drop a line into the chilly water (or build your own palace on ice with a well-lighted palm tree).

As for us western toads, we happily, hoppily go about our daily business and "scratch and fart, spit and drink toadybeer, without being hassled."

Gunnar Berg said...

Well, you'd be wrong. For instance my cigar smoking STOPS in Fall. No beer before seven in the evening and mostly on weekends or if friends come over. I think I'll go pour an Akvavit now. (Not considered "drinking".)

Old Toad said...

Sorry to be wrong again (so soon in the new year!). Lucky that drinking an Akvavit isn't considered "drinking." Otherwise, a guy could get real cranky in his old age, especially when he can't smoke a cigar in winter.