Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Growlery Lamp & Door Shelf


I don't know what to say about these. The shelf is ...a shelf. In the small footprint of the Growlery storage will always be at a  premium and this one was free. 

The Lamp. There are a bear and a whitetail around the back side of the shade. I really like it. Lorna almost had a look of disgust when she first saw it, so I figure it must be "manly" enough.

The base is a Watkins Extract jug. The jug was made by the Redwing Pottery, Redwing, Minnesota. The extract was bottled by Watkins just down the Mississippi in Winona. It was sold by our local Watlkins man, Ben Kelly to my father-in-law, Bob Hanson.

It is not retro, it is well connected.

2 comments:

Silk Hope said...

Did you personally empty the jug before assembling that lamp? Uh, errr... No instructions required of course.

Gunnar Berg said...

No, I suspect it was emptied before I was born.