Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gurf Morlix

Speaking of names, ain't this one a doppelganger (actually this is totally the wrong word, but I've always liked it and it just sounds right). What do you suppose "Gurf" is short for? Gurfield? Gurflan? I received an email the other day from the little record company that was organized to release Blaze Foley CDs. Blaze may have been a drunken angel, but it didn't seem right to have a man with that much talent be shot down and killed without having any music released. Gurf Molix has released a Blaze tribute CD. I have all the available Blaze music, but I think I'm going to take a pass on this one. I don't care that much for his voice. There is also a Blaze documentary out, but I don't think it's on a DVD yet. Here's a link if you want to read more about The Rise and Fall of Blaze Foley. The part that isn't sad is depressing.



And here's another one of Gurf's happy little songs.

No comments: