Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Most Offensive Bicycle Builder in the WOR-R-L-D!

I just got a note from Erik Noren. I won't go into the history of how he almost tore apart the 2009 North American Handmade Bicycle Show with the first bicycle that was nearly banned from a show. The bike is what it is. Erik is who he is. You can look it up.

This is for Jack ( I KNOW JACK! ) and Barin, who secretly think they're outlaws. Well they ain't. Well maybe Jack. A little bit.



And my best to Erik. You are a man of passion. And you almost make me wish I needed a hipster art single.
Here's a link that explains more about Erik in his own words.
http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f22/peacock-groove-cycles-16155.html

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that really made me like him, and get him a lot better than I did from the weird stuff on the forums.

mw

Gunnar Berg said...

He was hurt by the forum chatter. He feels they didn't get it.

Personally, I found it offensive.

Gunnar Berg said...

The bike, that is.

Anonymous said...

his prices are excellent, considering they include a fork. Last thing I need is another bike though . . . dang!

mw

Gunnar Berg said...

He showed me a 12 pound steel bike he had built. Not the fork and frame, a full-blown operating single-speed bike.

Mimbres Man said...

Very cool! He's definitely on the same frequency as Garro.

Mimbres Man said...

Note: Garro not into the ornate, he more into bomber fillet-brazed mountain bikes, but the two are hold no punches type personalities.

Gunnar Berg said...

From the little have have seen of Erik, he did not perform for the camera. He restrained himself.

Silk Hope said...

Gunnar can you get me the God Damn T shirt!? As for being an outlaw maybe not. I'm just left handed so I think contrarian to everybody else. I liked his comment about Portland. We in So Cal just smile. If you add up all the frame builders that have come and gone here it truly makes Portland look bush league.

Mimbres Man said...

I just learned that Garro sent him the steel to build that Fruit Stripe bike.
http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f22/peacock-groove-cycles-16155.html

Gunnar Berg said...

A lot of builders in the Madison/Milwaukee area too.

Gunnar Berg said...

Barin,
I learned a lot from your link. Thanks.

reverend dick said...

He is absolutely correct regarding "Roadhouse".

Noren said...

Vincent Dominguez and I have joked around for years about forming a :"Church of Bill and Ted. With our rules to be from Roadhouse."Neil, thanks for the post. And you don't have to like it. The reason behind it is on the Velocepdesalon somewhere...do a search and I think you will find it. What I like is that you acknowledge that you don't like it, and move on. I still get some hate mail....I make bikes to please me and those who order them.
Dig it?
later,
erik

Gunnar Berg said...

Hate mail? For a bicycle? Damn.