(Apologies for the full photo. House layout forces me to shoot at a downward angle, which distorts bars, seat, etc - looks top heavy.)
Progress so far:Addendum: The bottle cage will be replaced by a proper vintage, Italian made REG.
1. Cannibalized Heron for brake calipers, Phil Wood bottom bracket, Chris King headset (without modern logo-not yet installed), Campagnolo SR rear derailleur, etc.
2. Purchased proper vintage Cinelli bars and stem, Campagnolo front derailleur, and Simplex retrofriction shifters on EBay
3. Got the vintage wheelset from Chris Kulczycki for a song - vintage Phil Wood hubs laced to Super Champions. The spokes are very heavy and someday I'll probably replace all but the rear drive-side.
4. Bought a vintage Special Oro Everest chain from Scott Davis. In the process of cleaning off the old hardened shipping grease, the gold came off too, so now it's polished nickel. This is a Duh Moment, I've done it before. Doh!
5. Played musical chairs with existing saddles, pedals and toe clips.
I need to have the pump (which I have) painted to match and think about paint quality. Wraps, brake levers, straps, etc.