Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blue Skies

Years ago we dragged Kurt to Red Rocks to see Willie Nelson. I don't think he'd heard much Willie before that. Willie was still a niche counter-culture performer then. It was maybe the best concert I ever saw - Waylon, Willie and bunch of others when they were still young and hungry. If my memory is correct, Kurt and Sherye had Blues Skies at their wedding a few years later.

Lately I've been thinking about them. For years they've been taking people into their home who needed a little help in life, sometimes two or three at a time for extended periods - just because it's the right thing to do. Recently they've had some serious setbacks in their own lives. I think there's a new dawn on their horizon. They set the bar pretty high. I'm proud just to be in the same family as they are. Be well.

1 comment:

Margadant said...

I find that lots of Willie's stuff has the power to pull a person up on a busy day, let him take a deep breath and step off again with a more purposeful step.