Who are we? We are our stories.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Want to Buy: Moby Dick or Holy Grail

For you non-bicycle types out there, this is Eddy Merckx, the greatest rider in bicycling history. I do not want to argue the point. I am stating a fact. I have a friend who ate a meal with him, but couldn't talk.
 "It was like looking into the eyes of God."  
(this hangs in my shop)
From Jack Gabus:
I am looking for a mid 70's Colnago BEATER, and I do mean beat. Because it going to a Merckx Repilcant.  I now have the fork and all the other parts.  All I need is the frame...Size:  seat tube can be 54 CtC or 55 CtC.

One man's beater is another man's Holy Grail, or another man's Great White Whale ... or his Rooster.

2 comments:

Margadant said...

Excessive high school hockey is making you paranoid. Even I know who Eddy Merckx is. And I respect him enough to leave him alone if I run across him in a continental cafe. Gaped-mouth wonder is the only knowledgeable form of communication I could have with Mr. Merckx.

Silk Hope said...

Margadant while you are gawking at the god aleast offer to buy the man a "Chimay Red label" Truly the Trappiste beer of cyclists.

Cheer,

JG