Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Lady I Live With

She was cranky because I was talking, playing with my new camera and interrupting her reading. A lot of readers in our house. You will note the reading lamp in the dogs kennel. It's a real pain because he doesn't have opposable thumbs and he can't turn his own pages. Mostly he just looks at the pictures anyway - likes books about bunnies. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 - a nice compact set up with Leica optics. I've ordered a 2x telephoto extender which will give me up to 9X for the Sandhill Crane watching expedition over Easter.

8 comments:

Margadant said...

The look is familiar. Did you buy a canvas coat too?

Silk Hope said...

Neil:

Classic male move. You married up.

I am assuming you are married if your not then you are avoiding taxes. Either way the former still applies.

JG

Gunnar Berg said...

JG, She is a tolerant lady. And works. Married over 40 years.

Jim, No canvas coat, although I did recently pick up a nice Campagnolo pat'80 Super Record rear dérailleur.
It's hard to explain that, yes the pat '84 worked as well or better, but the McLean is a 1980 so it was necessary to replace it.

Anonymous said...

Gunnar,

I went thru a divorce not so long ago where the other party's lawyer went on line and estimated value of my bikes according to msrp. So, Ciocc with campy; cinelli with campy, etc. The figures being tossed around for market value were pretty shocking. I had to pay half the total value along with all the other assets. It didn't matter that I got a lot of that stuff on ebay. Point being, you can never underestimate the value of a wife who tolerates one's silly obsession with bikes.

mw

Mimbres Man said...

Nice resolution on that pic. I have been considering a Canon G-11 but now I have to consider the Panasonic as well.

(Been using Canon digitals since 2000.)

Gunnar Berg said...

I had to size the photo down. It was a spooky seeing pores and lint. The melting snow picture is also with the Lumix

c.a.ricco said...

just purchased a G 11 today. I was recently relieved of some technology in a burglary...despite the anger management I have been having to meditate my way through, I feel like the fella may have done me a solid.

btw Neil...I have seen that same look from my lovely wife and truly better half. Though, since the holidays the kindle has replaced the book....somewhat

ybonesy said...

I can relate. Also when I'm interrupted while writing. :)