Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, May 18, 2009

Honda Insight 1.3 IMA SE Hybrid

I try to live small, to impact the planet as little as is feasible...for me.  I'm interested in hybrid cars, so this review from the London Sunday Times caught my eye:

"Much has been written about the Insight, Honda’s new low-priced hybrid. We’ve been told how much carbon dioxide it produces, how its dashboard encourages frugal driving by glowing green when you’re easy on the throttle and how it is the dawn of all things. The beginning of days.

So far, though, you have not been told what it’s like as a car; as a tool for moving you, your friends and your things from place to place.

So here goes. It’s terrible. Biblically terrible. Possibly the worst new car money can buy. It’s the first car I’ve ever considered crashing into a tree, on purpose, so I didn’t have to drive it any more."

And it goes on.

2 comments:

Old Nevermore said...

That's the best bit of automotive journalism I've read in some time.

Wait until you see what I'm bringing back from Idaho next week.

(Hint- It's sort of greenish and gets 6 mpg)

Gunnar Berg said...

The Brits do still have a way with "their" language:

"I would have hoped, therefore, that Honda had diverted every penny it had into making hydrogen work rather than stopping off on the way to make a half-arsed halfway house for fools and madmen."