Who are we? We are our stories.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Please Help Haiti

This one isn't going to break the bank. Just take that coffee can of loose change from the closet, the one where you throw your pocket money.  Take it to the bank and cash it in. They'll count it. You might be surprised at how much it is. Paypal that amount to some Haiti children's aid group. Round it off to the high side. Throw a little extra if you want. Your choice. Haiti has never had a chance. These people are our neighbors. They are us. I have the feeling that if those beautiful tan, brown and black people were a pasty pink like I am, our government would have truly helped them a hundred years ago. No comments please. This is not a political forum. I do not  want to get into a discussion about how much we have done for them. I 'm talking about health and education, not invading and propping up puppet governments. I won't write any more about this. Thank you for considering it.

No comments: