Who are we? We are our stories.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Brushline Road

Up early, coffee, then we - Lorna, Paul Prappas and myself, hit the road north to Brushline Road, then over to a hike at the hyper-saline lake La Sal del Rey, on to Delta Lakes, then back to Alamo, checking out all the birds along the way. 

Brushline is shrubby on one side and farm fields on the other. I drew the farm field side of the vehicle so, although I saw a lot of birds, I was somewhat limited by my photo opportunities. We saw maybe 50 Pyrrhuloxias!,  a Green-tailed Towhee (locally rare), and Sprague's Pipits in mating flights (!) - a bunch of birds - 44 species on Brushline alone by Paul's count.

Here's a few random shots:  
American Avocets

Savannah Sparrow

Harris's Hawk

White-tailed Kite
Caracara - female

Least Sandpipers at La Sal de Rey

Take care, Gunnar B.

1 comment:

Margadant said...

Good day -- great photos.