Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Entomological Weather

I don't generally watch weather reports. I get up in the morning and if it's sunny I go outside. If its raining I stay inside. Not a very complicated life. Lorna, on the other hand, is a weather watcher. She is fascinated by isobars and satellite maps. It frustrates her no end when she's in the other room and the weather report is on the TV. She hollers and asks me what the weather will be tomorrow... and I'm clueless. I tune it out like I do with commercials. My eyes see it, my ears hear it, it just doesn't download. In my mind I'm out in the garden; I'm filling birdfeeders; I'm building bikes.

BUT last night I listened as the weather guy says, "Don't be fooled by this apparent cloud cover along the Mississippi. Its not rain, its a mayfly hatch." A mayfly hatch heavy enough to be picked up by satellite photos? Yuck.

No comments: