Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tour de France?

Because last year I predicted Alberto Contador would win the TdF before it began, I have been swamped with requests (okay, three people asked) for a prediction for this years winner. I would pick Contador again, but he has fallen in with evil companions, and is not invited to the party this year. I'm clueless. I may pick him anyway.

It seems to be a period of transition, with lots of young riders in the ranks, and no obvious teams or leaders. As I am apparently expected to make a call anyway, if I was waggering real money I'd pick Cadel Evans. He's not a dark horse stud like Alberto, but a good, consistent cyclist. I hope I'm wrong. If I'm correct, it will make for a long, dull race.

No comments: