Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ol' Hank

Hank Williams received a special Pulitzer Prize last week. Let's give him a big congratulatory shout out ....where ever he is. And fer you big city folks, get by the twang and hear the whippoorwill in your soul. (mw: a lot of concrete!)



Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I'm so lonesome I could cry


I've never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind a cloud
To hide its face and cry


Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves began to die?
That means he's lost the will to live
I'm so lonesome I could cry


The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I'm so lonesome I could cry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, I love it

mw

Margadant said...

Your too easy on the townies -- this sound is why I walk the dog late at night.

kevin c ruberg said...

and why don't you love me like you used to do ,i'm the same ole trouble you already been thru....ain't had no lovin or kissin or huggin in a long long while....we don't get nearer or furthur or closer than a country mile....ole hank was right ..he was never going to get out of this world alive....

reverend dick said...

yes