Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, April 15, 2010

San Diego Bike Show

Here's a link to photos from the recent bike show. As always, a lot are "show bikes", that is, over the top and marginally practical. On the other hand there are bikes that are simply beautiful. I like Mark Nobilette's neat piece below. Pipe up with other favorites. We can post the pictures and vote. The winner gets to be THE WINNER.


I missed something. I just came across the photo to the right, labeled "Sky’s Nobilette demountable:".  This means that the damned thing comes apart!  Pretty subtle joining details. 650b demountable with a front rack and bag.  Is this what Rene Hearse would be building today?  Nobilette, that's French isn't it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dt bosses are mounted unusually low, i.e. they are in a good place to be used for shifting. yeah I'd ride that

mw

Anonymous said...

yeah, there's a fitting on the seat lug, not clear in the photo. The other one must be on the bb, like a Ritchey.

mw

Mimbres Man said...

Link to Mark Nobilette.
http://www.velocult.com/index.php/blog/post/mark_nobilettes_workshop_in_boulder_co/

Anonymous said...

I really don't like to see trendy racks and other accessories welded onto the frames of expensive bikes. Hello: is there a difference between the cute frame and the cute accessory? It's like gluing your eyeglasses to the bridge of you nose. I just think it's stupid, unless it's a big Dutch bike made out of steel plates and concrete. When custom builders do it, I regard it as selling out.

best,
mw

Gunnar Berg said...

Most bikes are not racing machines. I like small racks and front bags. I don't think they are "cute"; they function. In my humble opinion, I think you're smoking dope.

Anonymous said...

dude I'll get back to you, I need a snack.


ps: I still think it's like gluing your glasses to your nose.

mw

Gunnar Berg said...

Damned munchies.

reverend dick said...

I like the integration. It's elegant.

Integration NOW!
Segregation NEVER!
and so forth.