Who are we? We are our stories.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snowing On Raton

For those of you out there who are forced to live flat while your hearts are in the high mountains.



Well when the wind don't blow in Amarillo
and the moon along to Gunnison don't rise
shall I cast my dreams upon your love babe
and lie beneath the laughter of your eyes

Tomorrow the mountains will be sleeping
silently the blanket green and blue
but I shall hear the silence they are keeping
I'll bring all their promises to you.

1 comment:

Silk Hope said...

Yep been on that pass in NM many a time. In fact we had (Mom, Dad & Sis) when it was two lanes before the completion of I 25, to sit at the top of the pass for 4 hours because of a white out. Pretty crazy.

The most beautiful thing is the view of the Sangre de Christo mountains. What sight!

JG