Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

It's New Years Day, a day to make resolutions for the upcoming year, to change our lives for the better, and to reaffirm our bad habits. I try to keep my resolutions within the scope of reality, not to over reach. For instance, two years ago I resolved to eat more mustard. I took a pretty good run at that one early, but eventually lapsed back into my old butter and mayonnaise habits. Last year I resolved to drink more Stouts and Porters. I'm proud to say that I've done pretty well at that one, though I did backslide a little into the Ale world, particularly the IPAs, after my sidekick, The Judge went south for the winter season. Then the local liquor store started carrying MooJoos Oatmeal Milk Stout and I was back on the road to redemption again. I plan on attacking the Stouts with renewed vigor this year, but I don't have any other new resolutions. Any suggestions are welcome. And keep that self-improvement stuff to yourself. That usually only involves things that make it better for the people around you. I'm only interested in things that will make my life better. ;-)

Thanks to Gabriel for Woody Gutherie's New Year's resolutions.
 # 20. DREAM GOOD. # 26. DANCE BETTER.  Yep.

Res. no.1: Use more bar graphs and pie charts on the blog.

1 comment:

Tom G. said...

I think I'll follow ol' Woody's lead, and resolve to shave.