Who are we? We are our stories.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 24: Estero Llano Grande

It was a warm day, high of 85F, but winder than all Texas. Lorna wants more good picture of shorebirds, so that was my goal. I have a number of them which I'll post eventually, but most of them are really not very good photos. All of my pictures are with a handheld camera and today it was very hard to hold my camera steady in the wind. For that matter, it was hard to stand up in the wind at times. Not many good pics, but here's a couple that I like. Inspite of the wind whipping the branches and cameraman around, the Couch's Kingbird came out pretty good. Just plain luck. As we were leaving, the Green-winged Teal was near the path and not moving. I knew I hadn't gotten any sharp pictures of shorebirds. I decided a teal was close enough. It was a free down, so I took the opportunity to crank it in tight on his eye. 


4 comments:

Margadant said...

Frankly, I'm impressed with the bird photos you've put up. You guys found the sweet-spot.

Elaine Toft (BloggerToots) said...

Every day there is the fun and treat to the eye of your postings. The Teal shot is over the top...

Jeff said...

Just happened across this site. Amazing nature photography. Real impressive.

Gunnar Berg said...

@Jeff, Thanks. I really do not consider myself a photographer, more of a birdwatcher who happens to carry a camera. Sometimes the birds just present themselves well.

I'll check your blog tomorrow.