Who are we? We are our stories.

Monday, February 10, 2020

Very Clean Rail

We went to Yummies with a mixed bag of friends and relatives. I strongly recommend their chipotle shrimp. After an extended meal the rest of the crew went to Anita and John's roomy place while I hit the Birding Center boardwalk. I met friend Rosanne there and we helped members of a Road Scholar tour group identify birds.  I have crossed paths with their guide Michael Marsden a number of times in the past. We discussed how difficult his job was because only a couple of his group were experienced birders; the rest knew very little but were enthused. He also said that guiding seniors was like herding cats because they don't take orders well and they tend to wander off in all directions.

Willet
After every senior got photos of a Clapper Rail bathing - only a couple appreciating how wonderful it really was,

I wandered off.               - Gunnar

No comments: