Who are we? We are our stories.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crazy

Not much to say. It's been our song for 40 years. Late one Saturday night 35 years ago at the Kabooze Bar, the D.C. Drifters dedicated an entire set to a hot little blond in the back corner, because they couldn't play a request for "Crazy". My Lorna.


Now I'm crazy
Crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy
Crazy for feeling so blue
I knew
You'd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday
You'd leave me for somebody new
Worry
Why do I let myself worry?
Wondering
What in the world did I do?
And I'm crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
And I'm crazy for crying
Crazy for trying
And I'm crazy for loving you

Incidentally, apologies to Mickey Raphael, but for a marginal musician it's a bitch to play well on a harp.

No comments: