Who are we? We are our stories.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

1974 Giro d'Italia (part 4)

Note the white Fiat 124 Spyder team car - the one that overheats going up the mountain. Why does that not surprise me? When Ms L and I were first married, we had a red one, which was usually her car. Our other car was an Alfa-Romeo Giuliette Sprint. Very practical machines for Minnesota winters.



Eddy Merckx is down by a whole minute. Can he possibly come back? Duh. Stay tuned tomorrow, same station, same time.

2 comments:

Silk Hope said...

I like the Moody Blues background music. Very chic.

Re; the cars I had Fiat 124 Coupe in Albuquerque. It was the Italian version of the Prince of Darkness a la Lucas. I guess Veglia was taking cues from Lucas. I was very cool driving in HS in an Italian cruiser. That is until I totaled it running into the back of a AMC Baracuda on the way to see Lead Zepplin (oh I made it to the concert BTW).

Anonymous said...

Man that's a sad story. Reminds me of the time I got busted while on active duty (navy) with a huge doobie in my mouth sitting outside a Supertramp concert in Richmond or Charlottesville (?), too high to remember. Still caught most of the concert but it was kind of a downer.

mw