Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chris Bishop

They tell me that Aunt Dorothy doesn't think I post anything anymore, just that dumb bicycle stuff and music. Guilty as charged.


Can you say "swoop"? This is going to be painted and built up at NAHBS with new custom components from Phil Wood. Wowzer!  It's worth a stroll through these photos if you're so inclined. I'm really curious about the graphics, paint selection and seeing the new components.

6 comments:

Johann Rissik said...

You're SOOO guilty! You deserve to be whipped with a paint swatch. Raw steel is a thing of great beauty, even Aunt Dorothy would have to concede that.

Anonymous said...

I thought a town bike was a balloon tire beach cruiser with Wald steel basket, or maybe a sickly green Varsity with the seatpost buried and the handlebars turned upside down. Now this is certainly one of the best frames I've ever laid eyes on, but town bike? What kind of town would that be?

mw

Anonymous said...

oops, it just occurred to me that my town bike is a Colnago classic with chrome lugs and boutique Jitensha flat bar . . . ergo, I am a hypocrite. I rest my case.

mw

Gunnar Berg said...

Wait until we see the paint and components! Amazing. No expense spared. An ultimate bike.

Anonymous said...

wow, what a work of art. I looked through those pictures and I swear that my wife must have thought I was looking at photos of naked women judging by the sounds that came out of my mouth!

Allan Pollock

Gunnar Berg said...

The components are maybe better. All custom, mostly Phil, like putting a Schmidt generator in a custom Phil hub, and custom light housings by Phil Wood to match the Honjo fenders. It's a set you know. His wife is getting one too. Stay tuned.