Who are we? We are our stories.

Friday, January 3, 2020

South Padre Day 2

We met Lorna's sister Anita and John, joined by brewmeister Mark Haggenmiller, for a two hour lunch at Padre Brewing. Lorna left with Anita and John and I went on to the World Birding Center hoping for photographs of an adult male and female Mangrove Warbler - a real long shot. I have almost three months to work on that.

The tide was high, it was mid-afternoon, so not much was about and the light was really harsh. So a fellow named Bakke from Northfield, Minnesota and I mostly just talked as we strolled the boardwalk looking for a warbler or any rail. None.

I shot a few photos along the way that seemed interesting at the time.




After I returned to John and Anita's house I checked my emails. Lorna's purse containing driver's licence, check, medical and credit cards had been found in front of Padre Brewing and they were holding it for her. Things could have gone very badly; instead we owe an unnamed stranger free beer for the season. It was also nice that the owner of the pub happened to have my email address. It was lost, found and returned before we knew it was missing.

No stress here,
Gunnar

No comments: