Who are we? We are our stories.

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Still Waiting

... for the serious fall Warbler migration to arrive. Today, three repeats from the past few days - Nashville, Canada, Yellow.

I keep tweaking the water feature and planting perennials and trees. I have planted ten trees and shrubs this fall to date - one still in the pot for tomorrow if my 76 year-old back can cope. In the past year, an additional seven trees plus a number of small shrubs. Fruit, berries and nesting. Next Spring - more. I tend to plant far closer than "experts" recommend. I am not planting an orchard; I am planting habitat.



It isn't Eden ... yet, but if you shut your eyes real tight you can see it from here.
- Gunnar  

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Maybe its just me, but this years photos seem exceptionally good. It may just having a better perch to prefocus or more practice. I know it not better sight, we are too old for any improvement of focusing with our own eyes.

anyway good shots.

Gunnar Berg said...

Thanks. I doubt it. Same camera, same lens, same settings. I suspect you are merely more forgiving. But thanks anyway.