Who are we? We are our stories.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Water Feature Remodel

When I first built this water feature it was for my pleasure and for the birds, but I did not fully envision the opportunities for photography. I imagined the birds in the pool below the waterfall. I learned. Most small birds want to splash in about 1/4" or less of water. So I reduced the water flow. 

The original layout was not terribly photographer friendly, unless one was situated perfectly. 



Recently I removed chinking rocks from under the right hand rock and jacked, leveled and chinked under the waterfall rock so it was level. I added a little concrete and pea rock to the right side of the waterfall rock so it is nearly flush with the right side rock. I also pulled back the rocks that overhung the left side of the stream. I even ground a small piece of rock and epoxied it to close up the joint between the front of the waterfall top and the right side top rock to make them appear to be the same wide stone. If you do not see it, or don't know what I am talking about, I was probably successful. And quite possibly a bit anal. 


All this might seem easy, but keep in mind, I am old, stiff and frail, and both of theses rocks are two feet front to back and are goddamned HEAVY!  ;-)  

Now all we need is the birds.

- Gunnar

1 comment:

Beep said...

Looks awesome, hope to see it in person in a few weeks.