Who are we? We are our stories. We are our pictures

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammys and T Bone Burnett


I love music. But I am neither hip nor cool. I am just an old guy who has accummulated a lot of vinyl and CDs over the years, and I still look forward to each new issue of Rollingstone. I half watched the Grammy presentations last night and was surprised when a couple of things that I actually like received awards. The pudgy English singer, Adele, took a couple of awards, and Robert Plant and Allison Krauss as a duo, received three. I do believe their CD, Raising Sand, is the best thing I've heard in 3 or 4 years. It really was the creation of T Bone Burnett. I'm not saying he's a genius; I'm just saying that if you buy anythnig he's done you will not be disappointed. Oh, and all Rap sucks. All of it.

No comments: